There is nothing better than starting the day with a tasty, cleansing, refreshing lemon water which does wonders for the overall health!However, did you know that in addition to its ability to promote optimum hydration, lemon water has a whole range of health benefits, too?
Lemon is probably best known for its pH balancing properties. Even though it has an acidic taste, it turns alkaline in the body and it helps the body maintain its balance.
It has potent antibacterial and disinfectant properties, which in turn helps in the treatment of many different conditions, starting from bad breath to cholera.The most amazing thing about lemon is that it has 22 anti-cancer properties.
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
- It flushes out toxins from the body, improves digestion, and ensures healthy bowel movements, all of which makes it an ideal morning drink
- Lemons are packed with nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber
- The high vitamin C content in lemons protects against immune system deficiencies
- As mentioned above, lemon water promotes healthy pH levels in the body
- The pectin fiber in lemons is useful for colon health and acts as potent antibacterial agent
- As discussed earlier, having a glass of lemon water in the morning flushes out toxic matter
- Lemon water not only improves digestion but also stimulates the production of bile
- Lemons contain minerals like magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus
- It helps cure the common cold and flu and prevent it from re-occurring
- It inhibits the growth and spread of bacteria that cause diseases and infections
- By dissolving uric acid, it reduces pain and inflammation in joints and knees
- The potassium in lemons nourishes the brain and nerve cells
- By providing energy to the liver enzymes, it strengthens the liver and improves its function
- It prevents the formation of acne and wrinkles and promotes blemish-free, young, and glowing skin
- It maintains eye health and combats eye-related problems
By adding ingredients like cucumber, mint, and ginger to your lemon water, you get even more potent detoxifying agent which allows you to function it a tip-top shape during the entire day.
Alkaline Water Recipe
- 1 lemon
- ½ cucumber
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ ginger root
First, peel a small amount of ginger prior cutting it. Then, slice up all the ingredients and pour the water over them. Don’t throw the ingredients after the first use, in order to get the most out of them. Typically, you can use them about three days, by constant adding of new water.
It is recommended to consume this water in the morning, on an empty stomach.
source : besthealthyguide.com