A stroke is a “brain attack”. It can happen at any time or age, when the blood flow to the brain is cut off. Now, when brain cells are deprived of oxygen and begin to die, the activities controlled by the brain are lost like memory and muscle control.
A stroke can be minor, or severe, and it is important to recognize the early symptoms for prevention and cure. According to statistics, a stroke occurs every 40 seconds and around 800,000 people experience a new or a recurrent stroke almost every year. Stroke is also accounted as the fifth leading cause for death in the US.
Here are a few symptoms of stroke you shouldn’t ignore:
Symptoms Of Stroke:
Symptoms of stroke can differ from person to person, may occur suddenly and will develop gradually. Here are a few warning signs you must be aware of to recognize a stroke:
- Numbness in the face, arms and legs: Numbness or weakness in your face, arms or legs especially on one side. The face may have dropped on one side, and the person might not be able to smile, or the mouth and eye may drop. Also the arms may become numb, and you might not be able to lift your arms.
- Struggle in Speech: The person might have trouble speaking, or their speech might be slurred or garbled, or might not even be able to speak. They also might have trouble or confusion in understanding others.
- Trouble in walking: You might experience trouble in walking, in keeping balance and staying coordinated.
- Impaired Vision: You might not be able to see clearly, and experience blurred vision in either one or both eyes.
- Severe Headache: You will experience a severe sudden headache, that you might have not experienced before, for no reason.
The other severe symptoms are lost of consciousness, complete paralysis on one side of the body and breathlessness, If you’re experiencing one or more of these symptoms, you should see your doctor immediately.
source : mssnaturalbeauty.com