While we all feel moody, low, or sad from time to time, there are people who have these feelings intensely, for long periods of time (weeks, months, or even years) and sometimes without any particular reason. Depression is more than just a low mood. It is a serious and common condition that affects a great number of people.
People that have a mild form of depression are able to lead an active and healthy life, with the right support and treatment. Severe depression, on the other hand, can be devastating and even in some cases life-threatening!
The most common signs and symptoms of depression include:
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Irritability, restlessness
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Difficulty concentrating and making decisions
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Feelings of guilt
Fortunately, Nature blessed us with many amazing spices, including turmeric. This super-healthy spice can fight various diseases. It fights skin cancer, heals stomach disorders and pains, prevents cholesterol oxidation, reduces acidity, arthritis, stops diarrhea, heals liver disorders and jaundice, prevents the breakdown of cells into cancerous cells, and it is very beneficial for people with Alzheimer’s.
Healing powers of Turmeric:
- It is packed with antioxidants
- It has potent anti-inflammatory properties
- It is beneficial for the brain
- It lowers the risk of heart disease
- It fights depression
How does Turmeric fight depression?
When it comes to fighting depression, there are several methods and drugs. Prozac is known as the most common drug used for this purpose. Unfortunately, all of these drugs can cause side effects, including bleeding in the stomach, suicidal effects, and difficulty in breathing.
Many experts examine the power of turmeric and discover that the active compound in turmeric known as curcumin can provide the same effects as fluoxetine (Prozac), without the side effects of course! Now that you are familiar with its incredible power, check out the recipe below!
Turmeric Lemonade Recipe
- 4 cups of cold filtered or sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated or powdered turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup, honey
- Juice of 1 organic lemon or 2 limes
- Juice of 1 or 2 blood oranges or regular oranges.
Mix all the ingredients into a pitcher, stir well and add a slice of lemon as a garnish. Add ice cubes for a more refreshing taste.
source : naturalcuresandhomeremedies.com